Friday, June 10, 2011

No more moodle next year?

You know you're doing something right when kids regret that it's not going to be available any more.  I've been trialing Moodle, which has become a fixture in my classroom.  Students who have used it for the past year are sorry they won't have it. 
sad phonephoto © 2011 Ron Bennetts | more info (via: Wylio)

    What'll we do next year when we don't have the moodle?
    We won’t have Moodle next year?  Can’t we keep using it? 
I’m the only teacher using Moodle in my school, so when students move up to a new grade, they’re no longer in the Moodle.  I’m delighted my students are so connected to the community afforded by this great tool.  And torn because I can’t keep offering it to them.  Because, no, I’m not going to keep on offering cool things for them to do online and engaging discussion because I won’t be their teacher.

That’s another teacher’s job.

But I hope I can use my students’ comments to encourage my colleagues to start using online discussion and using Moodle.

After all, when is the last time you heard students ask for more work, please? 

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem so i created digital teacher where individual teachers and their students can have access to our Moodle no matter which school we teach in.
    Go to www.digitalteacher.com.au
    good luck
    johnD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting concept. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete